This project page is no longer being updated. Please see https://www.co.washington.or.us/lut/transportationprojects/124th-avenue-extension.cfm for project information and updates.
The primary purpose of the proposed Project between Tualatin-Sherwood Road and Grahams Ferry Road is to provide access to land designated for future industrial development and jobs on unincorporated, developable land between the cities of Tualatin, Sherwood, and Wilsonville.
The project will also construct safety improvements on Tonquin Road and Grahams Ferry Road. In addition to the road project, a water transmission line will also be installed as part of the Willamette Water Supply Project (www.ourreliablewater.org). Construction for both projects is scheduled to begin fall 2015.
This page describes the Project location, provides a map of the potential alignments, presents a schedule, and provides links to other current planning projects in the area.
The project area is situated in the unincorporated southeastern portion of Washington County between the City of Sherwood to the west, the City of Tualatin to the east, and the City of Wilsonville to the south. The northern terminus of the Project is the existing three-legged intersection of Tualatin-Sherwood Road and SW 124th Avenue that extends north from Tualatin-Sherwood Road. The southern terminus of the Project is Grahams Ferry Road.
Project Area Map with Preferred Alignments
LINK to map of Alignments: 124th Avenue and Tonquin Road
124th Avenue & Tualatin-Sherwood Alignments simulation:
Basalt Creek Alignment Simulation:
Tonquin Road Alignment Simulation:
Grahams Ferry Alignment Simulation:
- The project held a third public open house on March 20, 2013.
- The project held a second public open house on September 24, 2012.
- The County Board of Commissioners approved Ordinance 750 to amend their Transportation System Plan in September 2012. The amended TSP includes the plans for the 124th Avenue Project. Find the adopted ordinance here: http://www.co.washington.or.us/LUT/Divisions/LongRangePlanning/upload/A-EngOrd750_web.pdf
- Read Washington County’s press release about the December 14, 2011 Open House
- Read the Oregonian’s announcement about the December 14, 2011 Open House
Links to Related Projects
The purpose of this project is to develop a concept plan for future development of the Basalt Creek and West Railroad Planning Areas. Metro included this land in the Urban Growth Boundary to help meet the industrial and residential land demand in the region for the next 20 years. Accordingly, the Cities intend to create a plan that provides an orderly guide for possible future growth. Specifically, the Concept Plan will address a variety of factors including:
- Future city limit lines between the Cities of Tualatin and Wilsonville
- Land uses including industrial, residential, parks, trails, and green ways
- Transportation network and system of connections for automobiles and pedestrians
- Provision of urban services such as water, sanitary sewer, and stormwater
Boones Ferry Road Improvements (This project falls within the Basalt Creek Planning Area.)
Washington County has funding to improve safety and capacity for all modes of travel along Boones Ferry Road between Norwood Road and Day Street. Proposed improvements include one travel lane in each direction with an intermittent center turn lane, bike lanes on both sides, pedestrian facilities of one side of the road and a realignment of the curves.